Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lijiang

I just spent one day here after trekking Tiger Leaping Gorge. It is a very touristy place, but quite fun if you like ambling around the old town and eating yak meat on a stick. I stayed in the Mama Naxi hostel which was very welcoming and with lots of English spoken. Mama Naxi herself was always around giving hugs, tea and bananas. I also bumped into Rachel and Martin here again and made them try some green sweets which they weren't too keen on, I liked them anyway.

All kinds of foods for sale. I tried these green things. They are sweet, I think made of some kind of bean or grain, with a sweet peanut filling.


The main square with dancers


A bridge through the main square


Nice ornately detailed timber screens


Lijiang is lined with small canals which creates lots of pretty streets like this one


The view from above a school playground and the mountains beyond


Tibeten horsemen, not sure quite why they were here, they seemed to spend a lot of time smoking

No comments:

Post a Comment