Sunday, November 7, 2010

Santiago take two

I have spent most of my time in San Juan de Pirque which has been lovely and peaceful and I have been making some wall mosaics. I visited Santiago again on Monday to visit my case studies (more on those later) in peñalolen with Daniela, Giselle and Giorni. I then visited again on Thursday to visit my third case study. On this day, I also took some time to do some touristy things and went to Cerro Santa Lucia which has beautiful landscaped gardens with water features and building colours that really reminded me of Alhambra in Granada, Spain. I also went to the Mercado Central where you can buy fish, fish and more fish (and a bit of cheese and meat). Here I had fish and chips Chilean style with onions and a fried egg on top.

A Santiago street

Mercado Central

Plaza de Armas

I am not sure what this building is called on Cerro Santa Lucia but it is very beautiful. I think it is 19th century.

The floor tiles

View through the balustrade to the landscaped gardens below

Santiago from the top of Cerro Santa Lucia

Cerro Santa Lucia

Me on the top, with the sun in my eyes and a bad tan line
Metal is alive and well in Santiago
 

No comments:

Post a Comment