Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sucre

Sucre is very beautiful with lots of white washed churches and wonderful fruit markets. I had another sleepless night here due to a not very well chosen hostel, but I quickly moved to a lovely quiet place with a courtyard and kitchen opposite the market. So I have been eating porridge again! Simple things. From here I went on a tour of the Cordillera de los Frailles which was beautiful and I have dedicated a separate post to it. 

Iglesia San Francisco 1538

Casa de Libertad 

The cathedral 16th century 

 A pretty street with lots of Spanish details 

Yet another church bell tower in Sucre

View from a plaza on one of the many hills surrounding Sucre

In a children´s museum is an example of indigenous architecture of Bolivia. This looks very much like the Chipaya to me. I am hoping to visit Chipaya when I am in Oruro but I don´t think they like tourists much 

I like the spanish style facades

The main plaza


No comments:

Post a Comment